Toggle Menu

悉尼大学,投资和投资组合管理-FINC3017课程的学习练习题复习要点

发布时间: 2021-06-09
文章来源: 考而思
摘要:
本篇文章为大家列举FINC3017课程的一些习题,希望可以对大家今后的考试学习有所帮助。

Hello~大家好,今天学姐为留学生分享投资和投资组合管理-FINC3017课程的学习技巧,这期的内容主要是给各位同学分享一些非常不错的练习题,学姐整理了非常详细的流程细节可以参考。

  1. BHB Q7.4 What are the key assumptions underlying expected utility and how realistic are these assumptions?


  2. BHB Q7.5 Is expected utility a useful criterion for investment choice when investment pay-offs are certain?

  3. BHB Q7.6 How are different combinations of assets compared when using the concept of utility?

  4. BHB Q7.7 How does the level of risk affect the curvature of indifference curves?

  5. BHB Q7.9 List two situations where expected return and standard deviation are sufficient to describe the choice between risky portfolios?

  6. BHB Q7.22 Investment A provides a 40% chance of paying $1000 (good year) and a 60% chance of paying $200 (bad year). Alternatively, investment B has a 50% chance of paying $800 (good year) and a 50% chance of paying $500 (bad year). The pay-off varies across investments and according to the state of the world. Which investment will be preferred if the investor has logarithmic preference functions?

  7. BHB Q7.18 In estimating the opportunity set, does the assumption that the expected returns, variances and covariances are known with certainty matter?

  8. Define the efficient frontier. How does it differ from the minimum variance frontier?

  9. How is the correlation statistic related to diversification? Can a diversified portfolio be created with two assets with a correlation coefficient of +1?

  10. A pension fund manager is considering three mutual funds. The first is a stock fund, the second is a long-term government and corporate bond fund, and the third is a T-bill money market fund that yields at a rate of 8%. The probability distribution of the risky funds is as

  11. In estimating the opportunity set, does the assumption that the expected returns, variances and covariances are known with certainty matter? The expected returns may be estimated with error and the error may not be consistent across securities. For example the level of information varies across securities and so the precision of the estimates will also vary across securities. If estimates are prone to error the opportunity set may concentrate on those securities with greatest error rather than those companies which best meet the needs of the investor. This result is often termed error maximisation and can result in a portfolio that concentrates on a fairly small subset of the available securities. These are the securities with greatest expected returns and/or least variance and covariance effect, often the most likely to suffer from data entry errors and errors in analysis. The key point to note is the importance of accurate measures of expected return, variance and covariance and the possibility that a number of ‘approximately optimal’ portfolios may exist in practice.

  12. The ABC company wants to invest in two risky assets over the next 12 months. Analysts predict that the expected return on asset A is 5% per annum and on asset B it is 7% per annum. The standard deviation of the returns for asset A is 8% and for asset B it is 9%. The correlation between the two assets in 0.4 and the risk-free rate is 5.5% per annum. What combination of the two assets will give returns that exceed the risk-free rate? The question requires an estimate of the weights in the risky assets that produces a portfolio return that exceeds the return on the risk-free asset. By altering the weights in each asset, the portfolio return changes as follows: E(Ra) E(Rb) wa wb E(Rp) 5% 7% 100% 0% 1.00x5% + 0.00x7% = 5% 5% 7% 75% 25% 0.75x5% + 0.25x7% = 5.5% 5% 7% 50% 50% 0.50x5% + 0.50x7% = 6% 5% 7% 25% 75% 0.25x5% + 0.75x7% = 6.5% 5% 7% 0% 100% 0.00x5% + 1.00x7% = 7% Clearly, as the weight in asset A decreases (weight in asset B increases), the return on the portfolio increases. As can be seen, when the weight in Asset A is less than 75%, the return on the portfolio exceeds the risk-free return of 5.5%. Alternatively, we can solve: wa E(Ra) + (1–wa) E(Rb) > 5.5% wa 5 + (1–wa)7 > 5.5% 5 wa + 7 – 7 wa > 5.5% –2 wa > –1.5 wa

  13. What are the minimum variance weightings for a two-asset portfolio where both assets have the same variance?

  

finc3017

考而思悉尼大学,投资和投资组合管理相关的在线辅导可以加考而思老师微信进行一对一咨询。

凡来源标注“考而思”均为考而思原创文章,版权均属考而思教育所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。

未注明"来源等稿件均为转载稿,如涉及版权请联系在线客服处理。

同步课件辅导、作业补习、论文润色、真题讲解、Appeal申诉、入学内测/面试培训


添加微信【kaoersi03】立即咨询,备注来源“官网”~

vx:kaoersi03

客服回复略有延迟,可直接添加微信:kaoersi03(备注官网)
出国前
出国后
同步专业课预习
查看详情>
入学笔面试辅导
查看详情>
学术论文写作
查看详情>
海外选课指导
查看详情>
同步课件讲解
查看详情>
作业习题补习
查看详情>
论文全程辅导
查看详情>
考前冲刺辅导
查看详情>
GPA太低?想拿高分!免费领取定制学习方案
展开